My next adventure...

>> Oct 15, 2008

Did i tell you? No, I must have! Are you sure I didnt tell you? lol. Well, I'm planning on going back to the States to AuPair again! I'm so excited! And yes, I know it sounds CRAZY, with me having a steady job now and all, but this fabulous job has taught me something about me :) I'm NOT meant for the corporate world! it's just too much stress... So I want to study Eventing (because I'll have my own Events Coordination company soon - watch this space) and it's something i really really enjoy. It's the kind of stress that i like :)lol AND i want to study Child Psychology & Development.... yes i'm scatter brained, but heck im still young, no hectic responsibilites, so why not follow my dreams and find JOY in the journey in the meanwhile. I've always been fascinated by the childs mind & development (probably stemmed from my passion for people) and mostly kids with mental dissabilities. I want to learn more about it and start working them. Who would've thought? From Corporate Advertising Exec to on my knees laughing & playing with kids. it's stressful (i've done it once before after all) but i LOVE every moment, even when i lose my patience i learn that it's okay... i'll be smiling again in no time. so while im doing the crazy au pairing thing (which is a FULL TIME job may i add), i'll be studying, travelling, reuniting with old friends & making new friends! so i went to meet with Clarissa at YDP yesterday and im officially registered to be a Repeat Au Pair (R250 later)! she made me watch this really lame au pairing video (it was so cheesy!), but it was only 10mins so i just did the whole grin & bear it thing. then i got all my application forms (like a whole wod of them) and started filling them out when i got home... gosh, they want like freakin' essays! anywho, i will conquer. planning on going to the police station during the course of the week, to get the police clearance done (pray for me!).... police stations freak me out, seriously, they scare me. the first time i went, i took my mom with me!

1 comments:

seanandnataliekowallis October 15, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

I'm so excited for you! YEAH! COME TO THE STATES!!! Don't worry about the police thing... unless you have skeletons in that closet of yours... ;)