Insomnia
>> Jul 19, 2008
"Insomnia is a symptom of a sleeping disorder characterized by persistent difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep despite the opportunity. It is typically followed by functional impairment while awake. Insomniacs have been known to complain about being unable to close their eyes or "rest their mind" for more than a few minutes at a time." It is 3:17am and I can't sleep. It's weird though, because it's almost as though I don't want to fall asleep. odd? I get slightly frustrated though because I know I'm tired, i can really feel it, but once i get into bed i toss & turn for over an hour. This started about a week ago and all i wanna do is sleeeeeep like the rest of the world! Crazy enough though i wake up at 07:30 every morning, but im so exhausted that i sleep an extra hour but have to wake up to work (even though i work for my sister, i need to view her as my boss which is a good thing). i'm a worry wart - just wish the brain could stop for an hour or so and relax... So, the boys went to bed quite late (21:30 to be exact) just 'cause they were having so much and i felt like spoiling them a bit :) Big mistake, Monde & Kwanda were up giggling and refusing to sleep for about an hour and poor Lukhanya was so exhausted that he was really grumpy and irritable. I tucked them in and asked who wanted to say the prayer, all said no and Lukhanya says he doesn't know how (just acting up ofcourse), so I said to Kwanda "you're a big boy hey, do you want to say the prayer for us?" he said yes and said a really beautiful prayer. Now, Lukhanya is the oldest of the 3 and me calling Kwanda a big boy hit a nerve (coupled with the exhaustion) he starts sobbing/throwing a mini tantrum and saying how much i don't love him because i don't think he's a big boy.... Children have the most interesting personalities. I must say though, spending time with the boys is definately preparing me for motherhood. I'm looking forward to it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment