In the beginning...

>> Jul 18, 2008


I've always wondered why people start blogs... you know, in the world of facebook, myspace and personal websites why would you want to blog?
My personal reasoning for adventuring to this side of the web: my sense of adventure AND I'm babysitting all 3 of my nephews (as seen in the pic) for the WHOLE weekend and felt that both parties (them and I) needed some alone time :)

So I'm in my sister's office blogging and they're watching Ben10 and whatever else the Disney channel has to offer.ha ha.

So what's been happening? I moved to Joburg a little more than a week ago and have been hitting the job trail quite vigorously. Moving to Joburg was always "the last thing i would EVER do"... now look where I am! This place is sooooo cold, honestly 2 nights ago it was 2 degress celsius - that's got to be illegal or something. I find myself falling into a place of self-pity from time to time (today was one of those days), where I get upset that I still haven't a job and finances i feel are natural depressant haha, but I make it through. There's always a reason to smile.
I've been to one interview so far and it went okay, even though it's not the position I'm looking for it would be a thrilling experience if i was offered the position.

Met with another recruiment agent today and honestly felt like i was in an exam room... i had to fill out a form and answer questions about the Advertising/Marketing industry etc. and everything! I was like "what the heck?!" Anyways, it's done and i hope she finds me what I'm looking for.

Living with my Sister (Sonto) has been quite the ummm humbling experience one could say. I'm realising more and more how IDENTICAL she is to my mom (no matter how many times she denies it). I just keep telling myself that this is just a TEMPORARY situation and I have to literally grin, bear and appreciate it :)
Wow, Thobeka is growing up! Moving out on her own, having to support herself, rely on her strengths and write in the 3rd person.ha ha

So happy I took the jump... looking forward to the adventure!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"


0 comments: