weekend in review

>> Oct 19, 2008

The past couple weeks have been so crazy - workwise, and tomorrow we're launching the new Cell C campaign so I told myself that i definatly needed to rest up this weekend.
Friday - was invited to Zai's (a great friend/colleague) house for yummy food & DVD's, so im on my way there and Sonto calls and asks if i could babysit Lu, because she'd forgotten that she an engagement party to go.... so i met her on William Nicol and took Lu to the dvd evening with me :) I have a hard time saying No to family! :) He's an awesome kid though, so i don't have issues
It was such a great evening! The food was GREAT & did more talking than movie watching, so i got to know more of her friends, who're such good people. It was soooo good to have some adult conversation and just be sociable again.

Saturday - i'd slept over at Sonto's place, and the bed is awesome so i slept like a baby! frustratingly i woke up at 6:00am (due to that human alarm clock), but i got up had breakfast and watched some TV.
at around noon, i took Lu to see a movie (Lu & Aunty Thobe time), so we saw 'Beverley Hills Chihuaha' *sp :) it was cute and he enjoyed it.

the rest of the day, was spent relaxing and trying so hard not to think about work on Monday.
I bought a calling card, because I really wanted to chat to the Taylors -id missed them so much- and just as i was about to call LAUREN CALLED!! I was so happy, she'd left for Florida on Monday and i hadn't heard a thing from her. (she's there for 6months to work at a Golf Course)..we had a good chat, and i called her back to get more of the low down :)
I then called the Taylors and only Morgan & Jamie were home so chatted to Morgan for about 10mins... she's really grown up and it was great chatting with her.

Sunday - woke up, went to Church, which is always great. Then came home and a great lunch that Steven (my bro-in-law) made.

Now I'm watching TSN and waiting for the Sunday 8pm movie :)

Life's Good!!

0 comments: